Thursday, October 14, 2010

The right to be a frumpadinka

The other day I got a babysister for my two year old and headed out for a little errand run.  Midway through my shopping at the mall I stopped and looked at my reflection in a window and GASP!  I looked like a frumpadinka.  If you don't know what a frumpadinka is it is this according to urban dictionary: A female who is dressed in a sloppy or unfashionable attire.  Thank goodness it was a school day and the mall was very bare because I suddenly became embarrassed for myself.  When did this happen?  When did I not care and just run out the door?  I finished my shopping and immediately headed to Walmart where I would either fit in or look really good compared to most of the shoppers there.  (yeah i said it).   So back to the whole point of this post.  Does having a child give you the right to be a frumpadinka? 

I have made a personal decision that I am no longer a frumpadinka in public.  I do my hair and makeup before going out, unless I'm going to the gym because let's be honest it completely annoys me when girls go to the gym decked out in full on makeup and hair done.  Woman who actually work out at the gym feel this way.  Believe me.  Again I digress!  The only time I'm a frumpadinka is when I'm home and don't plan on going out or having friends over.  I don't want to be one of those woman who dress like that because "Hey, I have an excuse for wearing these sweatpants with holes in them to the grocery store every week because I have kids."  I'll give you a one time pass but if I see you every week with those damn sweatpants I'll tell you girlfriend you are a certified frumpadinka.  I'm not a mom-hater.  I am a mom.  I just don't want to see us give up on ourselves.  Being a mom is wonderful and hard at the same time and we deserve respect and self-respect so next time you are at the mall take a look at your reflection and ask yourself "Am I a frumpadinka?"  You will know believe me. Then go buy some paper towels at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment